Over 70% of Australian businesses are underinsured.
Insure your business accurately to ensure its success.
Many businesses don’t know they are underinsured and in the event of a fire, storm or flood, often cannot recover.
Businesses getting it wrong:
- Don’t consider the potential financial loss
- Think they know the true value of their assets
- Don’t understand or are scared of insurance
- Don’t want to risk paying higher premiums
- Don’t consider the costs incurred or length of rebuild project
- Don’t want to pay for an independent valuation
- Don’t insure their profits and fixed expenses
Buildings – Some ‘Before & After’ underinsured businesses.
Building Type Insured for Actual replacement value
Shop Front $300,000 $710,000 – 137% underinsured
Factory $1,500,000 $10 Million – 567% underinsured
Warehouse $1,500,000 $2,725,000 – 82% underinsured
Factory $13,000,000 $36 Million – 177% underinsured
Fact – In the event of a major loss 50% of businesses do not survive.
Don’t take the chance!
A review of building sums insured and Loss of profits needs to be carried out regularly.